TERMS OF SERVICE FOR INSTRUCTORS
1.1 Instructor’s Obligations
As an instructor (referring to individuals, institutions and corporate bodies), you are responsible for all content that you post, including lectures, quizzes, coding exercises, practice tests, assignments, resources, answers, course landing page content, and announcements (“Submitted Content“).
- You represent and warrant that:
You will provide and maintain accurate account information;
Your Submitted Content will not infringe or misappropriate any third party’s intellectual property rights;
You have the required qualifications, credentials, and expertise (including education, training, knowledge, and skill sets) to teach and render the services that you offer through your Submitted Content
You will respond promptly to students and ensure a quality of service that corresponds with the standards of your industry and instruction services in general.
Course certificates will be issued by FMR ACADEMY only (while in the case of corporate training bodies, the certificate shall be issued in conjunction with such bodies), the instructor’s name and signature will be appended as the course trainer.
FMR Academy will provide an official email address which shall and MUST be used for all communications with students and FMR ACADEMY.
You must be available to answer any student’s question(s) regarding your course.
Your course is subject to deletion, if it attracts bad reviews from students.
- You warrant that you will not:
Post or provide any inappropriate, offensive, racist, hateful, sexist, pornographic, false, misleading, incorrect, infringing, defamatory or libelous content or information.
Post or transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, or any other form of solicitation (commercial or otherwise) through the Services or to any user.
Use the Services for personal business gain other than providing tutoring, teaching and instructional services to students of FMR ACADEMY in line with this agreement.
Engage in any activity that would require us to obtain licenses from or pay royalties to any third party including the need to pay royalties for sound recording; video editing etc. Share any document issued by FMR Academy to a third party (this includes policy documents and quality control documents).
Provide exact training materials to other training/e-learning providers.
Frame or embed the Services (such as to embed a free version of a course) or otherwise circumvent the Services.
Impersonate another person or gain unauthorized access to another person’s account.
Interfere with or otherwise prevent other instructors from providing their services or courses; or
Abuse FMR ACADEMY’s resources, including support services.
1.2 License to FMR ACADEMY
Unless otherwise agreed, you have the right to remove all or any portion of your Submitted Content from the Services at any time. Except as otherwise agreed, FMR ACADEMY’s right to sublicense the rights in this section will terminate with respect to new users 60 days after the Submitted Content’s removal.
- However, (1) rights given to students before the Submitted Content’s removal will continue in accordance with the terms of those licenses (including any grants of lifetime access) and (2) FMR ACADEMY’s right to use such Submitted Content for marketing purposes shall survive termination.
We may record all or any part of your Submitted Content for quality control and for delivering, marketing, promoting, demonstrating, or operating the Services. You grant FMR ACADEMY permission to use your name, likeness, voice, and image in connection with offering, delivering, marketing, promoting, demonstrating and selling the Services, your Submitted Content, or FMR ACADEMY’s content, and you waive any rights of privacy, publicity, or other rights of a similar nature, to the extent permissible under applicable law.
2.1 Content and Behaviour Rules
- You can submit courses for publication on the platform and you can also communicate with the students who have enrolled in your courses. In both cases, you must abide by the law and respect the rights of others: you cannot post any course, question, answer, review or other content that violates applicable local or national laws or regulations of your country. You are solely responsible for any courses, content, and actions you post or take via the platform and Services and their consequences. Make sure you understand all the copyright restrictions set forth in the Instructor Agreement before you submit any course for publication on FMR ACADEMY.
If we are put on notice that your course or content violates the law or the rights of others (for example, if it is established that it violates intellectual property or image rights of others, or is about an illegal activity), if we discover that your content or behavior violates our Trust & Safety Guidelines, or if we believe your content or behavior is unlawful, inappropriate, or objectionable (for example if you impersonate someone else), we may remove your content from our platform.
2.2 Trust & Safety
- You understand that your use of the Services is subject to FMR ACADEMY’s approval, which we may grant or deny at our sole discretion.
We reserve the right to remove courses, suspend payouts, and/or ban instructors for any reason at any time, without prior notice, including in cases where:
a course falls below our quality standards or has a negative impact on the student experience;
an instructor engages in behavior that might reflect unfavorably on FMR ACADEMY or bring FMR ACADEMY into public disrepute, contempt, scandal, or ridicule;
an instructor engages the services of a marketer or other business partner who violates FMR ACADEMY’s policies; or
uses platform for personal gain or tries to recruit or communicate students outside the FMR platform
As determined by FMR ACADEMY in its sole discretion.
3.1 Relationship to Other Users
- Instructors don’t have a direct contractual relationship with students, so the only information you’ll receive about students is what is provided to you through the Services. You agree that you will not use the data you receive for any purpose other than providing your services to those students on the FMR ACADEMY platform and that you won’t solicit additional personal data or store students’ personal data outside the FMR ACADEMY platform. You will indemnify FMR ACADEMY against any claims arising from your use of students’ personal data.
3.2 Anti-Piracy Efforts
- Kindly ensure you take every legitimate step to protect your courses. Such steps shall be in compliance with all relevant intellectual property laws governing your location.
4.1 Price Setting
- Instructors will set prices for their courses, however FMR ACADEMY reserves the right to offer alternative prices which should be considered following valid reason(s) such as the instruction given below.
Kindly note that courses offered by the instructor must be cheaper on FMR Academy than any other platform.
The FMR ACADEMY Deals Program helps increase your revenue potential by enabling FMR ACADEMY to offer your course at a compelling discount as part of targeted promotions.
You may choose to participate in the Deals Program. Percentage Promotions allows FMR ACADEMY to offer your course for a discount of up to 75% off the Base Price.
4.2 Transaction Taxes
- If a student purchases a product or service in a country that requires FMR ACADEMY to remit national, state, or local sales or use taxes, value added taxes (VAT), or other similar transaction taxes (“Transaction Taxes“), under applicable law, we will collect and remit those Transaction Taxes to the competent tax authorities for those sales. We may increase the sale price at our discretion where we determine that such taxes may be due.
5.1 Revenue Share
- When a student purchases your course, we calculate the gross amount of the sale as the amount actually received by FMR ACADEMY from the student (“Gross Amount”). From this, we subtract any Transaction Taxes i.e. VAT, any mobile platform fees applied to mobile application sales, payment gateway fees. Your revenue share will be 30% (while that of corporate training bodies shall be 50%) of the Net Amount less any applicable deductions. if you referred students to your course via your referral code, your revenue share will be 70%. If we change this payment rate, we will provide you 30 days’ notice using prominent means, such as via email or by posting a notice through our Services.
FMR ACADEMY makes all instructor payments in Naira regardless of the currency with which the sale was made. We will assume transaction processing fees, excluding foreign currency conversion fees and wiring fees. Your revenue report will show the sales price (in local currency).
5.2 Receiving Payments
- For us to pay you in a timely manner, you must own a bank or Paystack account in good standing and must keep us informed of the correct email associated with your account. You understand and agree that you are ultimately responsible for any taxes on your income. You also accept any charges from the payment gateway provider.
Payment will be made immediately we receive the fee for a course or (b) the relevant course consumption occurred.
For courses over N15,000, students are allowed to pay via 2 installments. 50% before enrollment and 50% before completion, with this model, you will receive payments as paid by the student.
We reserve the right not to pay out funds in the event of identified fraud, violations of intellectual property rights, or other violations of the law.
If we cannot settle funds into your payment account after the period of time set forth by your state, country, or other government authority in its unclaimed property laws, we may process the funds due to you in accordance with our legal obligations, including by submitting those funds to the appropriate government authority as required by law.
- Ensure that the videos, audios and slides would have and contain the FMR ACADEMY trademark on them.
While you are a published instructor and subject to the requirements below, you may use our trademarks where we authorize you to do so.
only use the images of our trademarks that we make available to you, as detailed in any guidelines we may publish;
only use our trademarks in connection with the promotion and sale of your FMR ACADEMY courses or your participation on FMR ACADEMY and Immediately comply if we request that you discontinue use.
- You must not:
use our trademarks in a misleading or disparaging way;
use our trademarks in a way that implies that we endorse, sponsor, or approve of your courses or services or
Use our trademarks in a way that violates applicable law or in connection with an obscene, indecent, or unlawful topic or material.
7.1 Deleting Your Account
- We’ll use commercially reasonable efforts to make any remaining scheduled payments that are owed to you before deleting your account. You understand that if students have previously enrolled in your courses, your name and that Submitted Content will remain accessible to those students after your account is deleted. If you need help or encounter difficulty deleting your account, you can contact us via our Support Center.
Miscellaneous Legal Terms
8.1 Updating These Terms
- From time to time, we may update these Terms to clarify our practices or to reflect new or different practices (such as when we add new features), and FMR ACADEMY reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify and/or make changes to these Terms at any time. If we make any material change, we will notify you using prominent means such as by email notice sent to the email address specified in your account or by posting a notice through our Services. Modifications will become effective on the day they are posted unless stated otherwise.
Your continued use of our Services after changes become effective shall mean that you accept those changes. Any revised Terms shall supersede all previous Terms.
8.3 Relationship Between us
- You and we agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, contractor, or agency relationship exists between us.
How to Contact us
The best way to get in touch with us is to contact our Support Team. We’d love to hear your questions, concerns, and feedback about our Services.
Copyright © 2020 FMR Academy